January 12, 2010

Art For the Homeless



My heart always goes out to those who are homeless especially this time of year during the freezing winter weather. Today I came across a Zazzle artist who has seen homelessness firsthand. Here are some of her own words:

"My name is Johnna Crider and I am 26 years old. My story is a long and painful one which I express through art. I release my pain using the paintbrush and canvas.

I was homeless as a child and I want to use my art to do something that will make a difference. I would like to one day open up an art gallery that will benefit homeless shelters all across the United States because America doesn't seem to notice that the majority of her children are living in poverty--most people think of America as the land of the free, rich, and dreams being fulfilled.

Art4TheHomeless is how I express myself to the world. Art4TH is my dream to use art to raise homeless awareness in the US where the average age of a homeless American is nine years old. That means there are more and more families with children living on the streets, in shelters, or in poverty in the USA."


Please read more about Johnna and her cause here.

Also vist johnnacrider's Store at Zazzle for more art to support her cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment