February 23, 2010

Asperger syndrome


All the artist showcased until now have cause or awareness related designs. Today will be just a little different. I was recently told of a Zazzle artist Randall Klopping who has been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder though differs from others by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development. Symptoms include significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. Randall loves to create and says "As far as I can remember, I have always sought to represent things in a visual manner. A trait I suspect comes from the Asperger’s syndrome, a form of Autism without the speech impediment." As seen by his art he is very creative.

Hopefully Randall will forgive me as I would like to add a big part of his bio here.
In an accident in 1992 I was crushed by a pickup and car, which left me able to spend less and less time standing or sitting. Though often my disabilities make it difficult and stressful for me, my goals are simple in principle. My short term goals are to earn enough money for nessetities, a new mattress & memory foam pad for my bed, have safety handles installed so I can safely shower on a regular basis and to be able to afford to pay someone to clean the heck out of my home (haven't been able to keep up with cleaning for years). My long term goal is the most difficult, some might say impossible but I intend to truly build a life for myself and have the dignity that comes from fully supporting oneself with all my hard work.

You can help Randall reach his goals and receive some truly amazing works of art in return. To see more of his designs and to make a purchase please visit teknowizard's Store at Zazzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment